The world of academia: culture & education
Мир университетской науки: культура, образование
Web site started
Guidelines for Authors
- General Information
The Journal "The world of academia: Culture, Education" is included in the List of the leading reviewed scientific journals recommended by Superior Certifying Commission of the Russian Federation for publication of the candidate/doctoral thesis research results in the field of pedagogy and psychology (The list edition, May 25, 2012, p. 20). The journal publishes articles devoted to a wide range of theoretical and applied issues in the sphere of methodology and theory of education, history of pedagogy, education and personality research, information technologies in education, special pedagogy, vocational training, improvement of professional expert skills, competency-based approach in education, practical psychology in education, teaching adults, all-level management of educational systems, etc. Only the original materials containing findings of scientific researches are accepted for publication.Submissions to the journal are expected at the editorial team e-mail address.
- General Requirements There is certain limitation for the length of papers submitted:articles of less than 10 pages and more than 18 pages are not accepted. All manuscripts should be written in Russian or English - British or American as long as consistency is observed. The editorial team provides the service of translating articles from Russian into English if required (charged additionally)Candidates of Sciences and those authors who do not have any scientific degree must provide the Review paper signed by Doctor of Sciences in the corresponding field. Special section «Scientific and Pedagogical Search of Post-graduate Students» has been introduced. Post-graduate students can publish their manuscripts free of charge.
- Technical Requirements and Recommendations
The submitted paper should consist of the following obligatory elements
- title of the artilce *
- abstract (15-28 lines) *
- keywords *
- body of the artilce
- references (no less than 10 and no more than 17 items)
- author details which include: surname, name, patronymic of the author in full *
- degree, academic status, honorary title (if applicable)
- title and place work. It is necessarily to specify if the author is a post-graduate student in addition to the main position (doctorate student, degree seeker)
- main place of work (the full official name of the institution, no abbreviations are accepted) *
- address of the main place of work *
- tel. (work) *
- e-mail to be published in the Journal *
- personal e-mail (obligatory!) and a phone number for contact with the editing team, home address for sending an author’s copy - not for publishing.
- Important! The data marked * should be provided in English at the end of the document. According to official requirements, they are published in two languages in the database of Scientific electronic library where they are used for calculation of scientific ratings of authors and organizations.
- If the article has several authors, data are provided about each of them.
- Article title should be preceded with the index corresponding to topic.
- Abstract includes the brief summary of the article, mentioning its target audience, research objectives and main findings. It is recommended to use syntactic structures peculiar to scientific style, avoiding compound sentences and rarely used reductions and abbreviations. Abstract should not be italicized. The text should not be divided into paragraphs. Citing is not allowed in the abstract. Abbreviations should be deciphered.
- Keywords (word-combinations) should follow the Abstract. Keywords are the standard concepts and terms defining the subject field of research. The purpose of the keywords is to reveal the contents of the article in full and for easier search in relevant scientific field. For this reason it is recommended to check and correlate the keywords to the ones given in Scopus DB.
- The text of article should follow the logical pattern:
- introduction (not less than with 3 references)
- methods applied
- main part
- acknowledgements. Examples of those who might be acknowledged include a person who provided purely technical help, writing assistance, or a department chairperson who provided only general support. Financial and material support should also be acknowledged (e.g. garnts).
- Materials are prepared in MicrosoftWord (2003 and later versions). The name of the file is to include the surname and initials of the author, for example, «Ivanova A.A., Sergeyev В.B.doc». Materials can be sent by e-mail N2404708@yandex.ru to the secretary in charge.
- The text is typed by the font Times New Roman, size 14; line spacing one-and-a-half; width alignment; first line space - 1,25: margins: right - 1 cm, left - 3 cm, top and bottom - 2 cm. Pages should be automatically numbered. For logical emphasis and text structuring it is recommended to use italics and underlining. Abbreviations (except for standard) should be deciphered. Interlinear and trailer footnotes are not accepted.
- If the article is in English: direct speech, citing in should be issued with use of inverted commas from an English keyboard - for example “... ”. Use of inverted commas of the format - «...» is not accepted.